Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import my iphoto library into photos from an external hard drive

After I upgraded my IOS to Yosemite I was unable to use my iphoto library when asked which library to use because it said I don't have enough space on my Macbook Pro and needed at least 35 GB more. I performed a backup of my Macbook using time machine and now that I said create new library instead of selecting my iphoto library (since it wouldn't let me) it won't let me import my iphoto library. It also won't allow me to open iphotos since the upgarde. How do I get my pictures back?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:11 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:53 AM in response to DJPrez

Your post is not clear

Are you trying to open the TM backup? If so no you can not do that - you can not have your Photos library on the same disk as you TM backup either - you need two drives - one for TM and one formatted Mac OS extended (journaled ) connected with a fast wired connection lie USB, FireWire or ThunderBolt for the Photos library EHD

LN

Unable to import my iphoto library into photos from an external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.