Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

m audio oxygen 88 keyboard

Hello every one,

My daughter wants to learn piano. She already plays guitar.

I was looking around for some numeric piano and it came to my attention that you can learn piano with garage band.

I went to a piano dealer and it appears that one of the most important thing is the feeling of the keys.

I then searched for a keyboard that works with garage band and have piano like feeling and 88 keys.

I found m audio oxygen 88 but can not find if it works with garage band with a direct connection.

I have a macbook air mid 2012 with 8Gb ram. I think i have the last version of garage band.

Why garage band and not a numeric piano ?

Because my daughter could start to record herself playing guitar ( i plan to buy an irig hd interface).

If the direct connection is possible for the oxygen 88 can you record simultanously, the keyboard and a guitar connected with irig interface ?

Regards

Fred

GarageBand 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 12:21 PM

caplam wrote:

I then searched for a keyboard that works with garage band

the requirement to look for is: is it Mac compatible. if it works with a Mac, it'll work with GB.

according to the m-audio page here:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/oxygen-88

if you click the 'requirements' tab, it is Mac compatible.

caplam wrote:

can you record simultanously, the keyboard and a guitar connected with irig interface ?

yes, you can record 1 MIDI track and 1 or more audio tracks (depending on your interface) simultaneously.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 12:21 PM in response to caplam

caplam wrote:

I then searched for a keyboard that works with garage band

the requirement to look for is: is it Mac compatible. if it works with a Mac, it'll work with GB.

according to the m-audio page here:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/oxygen-88

if you click the 'requirements' tab, it is Mac compatible.

caplam wrote:

can you record simultanously, the keyboard and a guitar connected with irig interface ?

yes, you can record 1 MIDI track and 1 or more audio tracks (depending on your interface) simultaneously.

m audio oxygen 88 keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.