Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my files in Photos after migrating them from my iphoto library on my hardrive?

I downloaded Yoesmite. Then migrated my iphoto library to Photos.

Today I opened photos and found that it was empty. So I went to my hardrive and attempted to open my iphoto library from there.

However I repeatedly got an alert that my library had already been migrated to photos. It gives me an option to open photos to view my files.

So I open photos....still empty. I then try to download a compatible version of iphoto to view my files. I get an alert that, this product is not available in my country. I live in Australia, big deal it makes no sense.. I would like to view my data..... Please help.....!?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:41 AM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 2:58 AM in response to LarryHN

1. When I try to download the latest version of iphoto I get an alert that "this product is not available in Australia"

Which is crazy

2. When I launch Photos I see a blank program that says "welcome to photos do you want to import media for source X Y Z etc.

3. When I try to migrate the Library again from my Hard drive I get an alert that says "The content of the iPhoto library “iPhoto Library” has already been migrated to Photos. Open Photos to view your library or use a compatible version of iPhoto to open this iPhoto library'

Any more Ideas?

Thanks

How can I find my files in Photos after migrating them from my iphoto library on my hardrive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.