Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an unlocked iPhone 6 bought in the UK work in Canada?

Im wanting to buy an unlocked iPhone 6 in the UK but I will be moving to Canada in the near future and wondered if it will work in Canada?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:47 AM

10 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Missjudes1980

Again it depends on the carrier. Most have 4G/LTE now, that's not the issue. .What you really need to look into is the bands the carriers use for 4G/LTE, and the bands your U.K. iPhone supports. ie U.K carriers use different bands that north american carriers.

You need to get them to match as best as you can, otherwise you may loose 4G/LTE coverage in certain areas, if the carrier uses a band your iPhone does not support.

Aug 31, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Missjudes1980

To be absolutely honest, as Phil earlier said, the warranty would only be good in the UK. That would be one of the deciding factors for me, other than the fact that I believe the LTE bands used in Canada differ from those used in the UK. You would be better off holding off on your purchase until you arrived in Canada, therefore being able to make use of all of the features of your device and having a full warranty.

Will an unlocked iPhone 6 bought in the UK work in Canada?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.