Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song from library won't add to playlist on iPhone

I followed all the internet suggestions - on my iPhone it says it added the song to my playlist, but it is NOT in the playlist. I REALLY miss the drag and drop in itunes to be able to manage my phone songs.....

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:49 AM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:35 AM in response to jenniefrompaso

Hello Jennie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, you're running into an issue creating or viewing playlists after enabling Apple Music on your iPhone. If you haven't already, take a look at the article below which outlines the process of creating and viewing playlists with Apple Music on an iOS device.

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. In the Music app, find the song, album, or playlist that you want to add.
  2. Tap the More Options icon User uploaded file to the right of the song or album name.
  3. Tap Add to My Music.

Songs and albums appear under My Music > Library. Playlists appear under My Music > Playlists.

Ciao.

Sep 1, 2015 6:47 PM in response to jenniefrompaso

I was running into a number of music issues, including this one, and I have at least correlated it to when I've connected my phone (via USB) to my wife's Toyota. It fixed itself when I upgraded to 8.4.1, but when it happened again, I deleted all of the music off the phone and did another sync (all via iTunes, USB connected to an iMac) to put the music back on. Since then (a couple weeks) I've seen no problems - and I also haven't connected the phone to the car in that timeframe.

So... just wondering if you are connecting your phone to anything else...

Song from library won't add to playlist on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.