Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm importing full cds from my windows media player and converting them to itunes, the problem is itunes keeps busting up my full cd into different tracks as cds. how can I make my cd whole again so all the right songs go back together?

I am importing my music files from window to Itunes and converting them over, but on most of the cds I import into itunes is taking them apart and making 7 or 8 albums out of the one cd. i have tried to drop and drag the cd files back together but once in itunes I cant seem to move the track files back into the right cd. any thoughts anyone? I have like 80 gigs of music im trying put into Itunes but i can not have 1 cd turned into 8 with only 1 or 2 tracks on it. I need to be able to put the whole cd back into one. anythoughts ??

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:26 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:30 AM in response to andrewfromkalamazoo

Why not just put the CD into the drive and let iTunes do it all? You can import the CD directly to iTunes, and it will import directly into iTunes and not have to involve Windows Media Player. Are these regular albums, or compilations? Are you using iTunes Match, or other Apple music service? It could be that Windows Media Player is corrupting the information that iTunes uses to file the songs.

Aug 31, 2015 11:40 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks ChrisJ4203,

I would normally just use the disc, but what i'm using is a back up hard drive with the only copies of those cds that were not taken in a home burglary. So I have to make do with what I can. Do you know how you could merge the many tracks from one cd to put in a full cd? its like Itunes modifications is not there or will not allow. it is only breaking up the cds that have more than one artist on it.

Aug 31, 2015 12:40 PM in response to andrewfromkalamazoo

To expand a little, in iTunes an album is any collection of tracks with a common artist or album artist, or set as part of a compilation, and a common Album title. Album artist is used on iOS devices, compilation on older ones. Setting both where appropriate should give the best results. See Grouping tracks into albums for more details.

See also Getting iTunes & Windows Media Player to play nicely.

tt2

i'm importing full cds from my windows media player and converting them to itunes, the problem is itunes keeps busting up my full cd into different tracks as cds. how can I make my cd whole again so all the right songs go back together?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.