Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APP UPDATE ISSUE

On my iPhone, the App Store has a badge saying "2". When I open the App Store and go to the Updates page, there are two apps at the top, which for a split-second say "Update" and then immediately change to "Open". But the "2" badge remains. The apps are in the "Pending updates" section.

So I can't even update these apps if I wanted to, because either they have already updated or they are preventing me from updating.

I already tried hard resetting my device but no luck. I'd rather not take the extreme route of restoring my device if possible. Anyone know of any other solutions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:52 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:15 AM in response to KSDRAM

I've seen this problem pop up, on occasion. It seems to happen when an update is pushed and I update the app in iTunes, but I don't update the app on my phone. I sync the phone with iTunes. For some reason or another, the app still thinks that it needs to be updated (thus, displaying the badge), but it is already up-to-date (hence, not displaying the update button). The only fix I have found is to delete the offending app and, then, reinstall it.

I don't know which app(s) you're having problems with. Personally, I have only seen this issue with the Google Maps app.

APP UPDATE ISSUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.