Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extreme amount of bugs in iOS 8.4.1 on iPhone 6 Plus

I’m a die hard Apple user and long time fan but iOS 8.4.1 is the worst user experience I’ve ever had on an Apple device. Never before have I been able to feel such a dramatic impact on my phone from a single release. iOS 8.4.1 has essentially crippled my iPhone 6 Plus. I’ve spent a good bit of time lurking these forums and searching the internet for fixes and so far nothing has worked. The most I can get is extremely temporary relief for only some of the problems by doing a hard restart of my phone but restarting like that every hour is no way to live.

I personally have no interest in running beta software on my phone because I’m a creative and in my world you can’t count on beta software so we just don’t use it. However iOS 8.4.1 is so bad I’m honestly considering joining the beta program just to get this off my phone. I would roll back to iOS 8.4 which I had no problems with but that’s not possible.

I’m extremely disappointed this happened and I don’t really have to time to sit on a phone and call Applecare but at this point I don’t know what else to do.

Here's a full list of the problems iOS 8.4.1 has caused for me.

• Can't update apps
  • Can't download apps
  • iBooks hangs, freezing whole phone for about a minute and then crashes
  • Podcasts hangs, freezing whole phone for about a minute and then crashes
  • Safari has intermittent random crashes
  • All the songs I had stored on my phone offline from apple music or my own library disappeared
  • All playlists I had made are either entirely wiped out or random songs are missing from them
  • Every now and then it prompts me to join apple music even though I'm already a member and I was already actively using it at the time
  • Songs that say explicit (which they should be) are replaced with clean versions of the songs in some but not all cases
  • Album art is completely different for songs I own and sometimes songs have several different albums cover within the same album
  • When adding albums to my music it sometimes downloads the same songs twice or 3 times in one album and when you press to play one it shows the moving audio meters on the side as if all 3 songs are playing at once even though it is only playing one song

I hope this is rectified soon because podcasts and iBooks are big part of my day to day phone use because I travel a lot for work. I even tried to replace those with 3rd party apps but since I can't download apps either I've had no such luck. I'm really surprised that such a small update caused so much trouble.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:46 AM

There are no replies.

Extreme amount of bugs in iOS 8.4.1 on iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.