Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s will not connect to my PC

Hi, recently I've been having problems with my iPhone 4s whilst trying to connect it to PC to use iTunes, I don't know if it's my USB ports or my 30-Pin Connector so I am asking if anyone else has this problem and/or if they have a solution to it:

Everytime I connect the USB side of the connector into the USB port it gives me this error message on my Windows 10 Desktop PC, "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it", under it it says "Recommendations: Try reconnecting your device. If Windows still doesn't recognize it, your device may not be working properly.

Several times I have reconnected my device through each of the 4 USB ports at the front and the available ones at the back, none of them seem to work at all, could my USB ports be dead? I have tried re-installing the device software through devmgmt.msc but still it has not done anything for me. My iPhone 4s connector was working completely fine a couple of weeks ago, and my USB ports have also been working since then, please help me.

My backup files are all on iTunes but I can not use them if my iPhone won't even connect.

Thanks for any speed replies and efficient solutions.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, iPhone 4S connector won't connect

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:56 AM

3 replies

iPhone 4s will not connect to my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.