Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos too large and cannot upgrade storage

I cannot enable iCloud photos on my iPad since it complains that my storage is too small for the amount of content/photos that I have. Whether I try from my ipad or iCloud (on PC), when I go to change my storage plan it reports "Completing Purchase..." but then does nothing and pops back to the screen asking what plan I want to upgrade to. I've gone into iTunes to make sure that my credit card info is correct, but something is stopping the upgrade from processing correctly.

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:12 AM

15 replies

Aug 31, 2015 12:58 PM in response to ipad_woodenwindow.com

If there is no pending transactions then you iPad is not connecting to iCloud server properly and it points either to general glitch or incorrect icloud information.

1. Sign out of icloud

2. restart device or reset all settings.

3 Sign back in to icloud ( make sure connect to wifi first )

4 Try to process payment again and if does not work try on other network.

Aug 31, 2015 1:17 PM in response to gregory202

I cannot "sign out" since it just eats the password and gets an "Authentication Failed - A server error occurred" message.

I've done the reset all settings trick before, but that didn't help. I just tried it again, but it still remembers my old iCloud login gets the same error during "verification". If I type-in a wrong password, it gets "the password you entered is not incorrect", so it isn't a password problem but rather something on the iCloud site causing the issue.

If I try to "sign out" from iCloud, it again asks for my password and gives a "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect" error.

Aug 31, 2015 1:32 PM in response to ipad_woodenwindow.com

ipad_woodenwindow.com wrote:

I cannot "sign out" since it just eats the password and gets an "Authentication Failed - A server error occurred" message.

I've done the reset all settings trick before, but that didn't help. I just tried it again, but it still remembers my old iCloud login gets the same error during "verification". If I type-in a wrong password, it gets "the password you entered is not incorrect", so it isn't a password problem but rather something on the iCloud site causing the issue.

If I try to "sign out" from iCloud, it again asks for my password and gives a "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect" error.

You just found your problem. Your apple ids for iTunes store and iCloud are different.

iCloud Photos too large and cannot upgrade storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.