Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo book program crashed and returned me to the startup screen of my MaBook Pro13'', but it is dead: clicking on any option has no effect. Even cmd-alt-esc has no effect. What now?

My photo book program crashed and returned me to the startup screen of my MacBook Pro 13'', but it is dead: clicking on every option has no effect. Even cmd-alt-esc has no effect, nor does turning my laptop off and then on again. What now?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:04 AM

If your computer becomes completely unresponsive, you can always power it off by holding the power button for a quarter minute until it powers off.

This is very effective, but is not an organized "shutdown", and it is possible that incomplete directory updates may cause problems in future. Cautious Users should restart into Safe Mode (which does a five-minute Repair Disk [directory] as it starts up) then restart into regular mode.

If you still have problems, you may need an SMC reset.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 9:04 AM in response to ate_1949

If your computer becomes completely unresponsive, you can always power it off by holding the power button for a quarter minute until it powers off.

This is very effective, but is not an organized "shutdown", and it is possible that incomplete directory updates may cause problems in future. Cautious Users should restart into Safe Mode (which does a five-minute Repair Disk [directory] as it starts up) then restart into regular mode.

If you still have problems, you may need an SMC reset.

My photo book program crashed and returned me to the startup screen of my MaBook Pro13'', but it is dead: clicking on any option has no effect. Even cmd-alt-esc has no effect. What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.