Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incompatible file when relinking

So I was doing some house keeping on my hard drive. Moved some files around and renamed folders. I realize now I probably shouldn't have done that and just figured out a way to move the entire project somewhere else through FCP. After messing around with files and folders on my hard drive, 2 out of 1501 files are missing. If I reveal the missing file in finer, I see an alias for the two missing files. If I right click the alias file and go to show original, it says find or delete alias. I click find new original and when I double click on my project file "Newfoundland", I get an error code 36.

So I try and relink the missing files, it FINDS them but says incompatible as the audio file is different. I found this app that will apparently allow FCP to important original media that isnt EXACTLY the same, http://telemarq.com/products/fcpxchange/

Im not using the audio of the files anyways...anyone have anything I can try or any experience with this app? The odd thing is the rest of the files are fine, and I imported them all the same way...

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:40 AM

1 reply

incompatible file when relinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.