Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX crashed - now my project timeline is gone.

I was working on a 10 minute timeline and my entire Mac froze and crashed. The screen when entirely black. After rebooting and re-opneing FCPX the timeline/project file I was working on no longer exists in the application.

The affiliated library and event all open. The media is still there and even the good marked takes are still marked. But the timeline/event is entirely gone and I can't seem to figure out how to find a version of it or make it open again?

I've opened the project in finder by opening the package and clicking show package contents, which shows the affiliated folders including what appears to be the project I'm looking for. But inside the app the project is non-existent.

It's not as if it opens a previous version of it. It doesn't exist. Hours of work on a 10 minute video.

Can you help? Can this project be located or saved?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mac Mini, IPhone 5C, iPad Mini

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:48 AM

If I were you, before trying anything else, I would: clear preferences (option and command keys when launching), Then navigate to Final Cut Backups and to the back up folders for your problematic library. Open the most recent library and see how current the work is.

Russ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:48 AM in response to TRC1

If I were you, before trying anything else, I would: clear preferences (option and command keys when launching), Then navigate to Final Cut Backups and to the back up folders for your problematic library. Open the most recent library and see how current the work is.

Russ

FCPX crashed - now my project timeline is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.