Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to comment or post to support communities

is this because apple is telling me my applecare has expired?

i am using Mac OS Maverick 10.9.5 on a macbook air.

thanks,

erika

iCloud-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:56 AM

16 replies

Aug 31, 2015 11:10 AM in response to eshaines

eshaines wrote:

is this because apple is telling me my applecare has expired?

i am using Mac OS Maverick 10.9.5 on a macbook air.

thanks,

erika

You do not need a current (or any) AppleCare plan to post to Apple Support Communities. Not sure exactly what problem you are having but you did in fact post to Apple Support Communities -- which is what I am replying to.

Aug 31, 2015 11:22 AM in response to eshaines

Oh it is okay, I don't mind clever. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Sort of frustrated by a couple of issues with my mac, but I think this one has somehow resolved itself, at least temporarily. I didn't think that applecare was required to post to support communities, personally, but that was my only logic as to why I was unable to post. The error message was specifically a pinkish-red bar that popped up at the top of my Safari window that reads, " You are unable to comment on or update this post." Which is strange since i am the one creating it. The post, that is.

Thank you for your input.

Aug 31, 2015 11:27 AM in response to eshaines

This forum has had its share (and then some) of transient weird issues. The red bar with the "You are unable ..." was one of them a while back -- I haven't seen it lately and don't remember the details but you may find some help in the section I referred to. It is definitely nothing to do with your AppleCare (or anything else under your control).

Oct 5, 2016 7:30 AM in response to gaginker

Does this manifest every time you try to post or is it randomly intermittent?

IF intermittent there are 3 possibilities...

1. your login session has timed-out after 30 minutes of inactivity
  2. the "connection" between your browser and ASC server was interrupted for whatever reason at that critical moment
  3. you are experiencing a forum glitch that almost all of experience from time to time (likely related to #2)

unable to comment or post to support communities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.