Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6 ( version IOS 8.4.1)

2012 Hyundai Genesis has compatibility issues with 6+. Links address book just fine but will not charge phone, allow Siri use, or allow listening to music via Bluetooth.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:17 AM

8 replies

Aug 31, 2015 9:20 AM in response to FloridaGirl33704

If you check with Hyundai, you will find they do not list the iPhone 6 as compatible with their devices as far as auxiliary connections are concerned. I have a 2012 Sonata Hybrid, and my daughter has a 2013 Elantra. The Elantra does not have Bluetooth, but when connecting the Hyundai supplied auxiliary cable and using a 30-pin to lightning adapter, it will not always work. I've not experience problems with Bluetooth with my Sonata, but I've updated the software in my radio nav system. You may want to check about that, to ensure that the radio will support the latest Bluetooth profiles.

Aug 31, 2015 9:29 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I've spoken with Hyundai USA in California & their "pat" answer is they are working to make the latest technology available on their LATEST models. So my 2012 Genesis likely will never be compatible. I argued with their technology folks that purchasing a $45K car & it getting stumped by a $600 phone was ridiculous but doesn't make me feel good that Hyundai strongly suggests use of Android products with their vehicle lines. They say Androids work, "just fine"!

Aug 31, 2015 9:52 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I bought the car brand new from the dealership in 2012. Had an iPhone 4S then which worked fine. Then I bought the 6+ when they 1st came out. When I try to charge that phone in the car, with the cable provided by Hyundai, I get a recurring "honking" sound which the dealership tells me means it isn't compatible with music, Siri, etc. They did offer me a different type cable, to plug into my lighter, to at least charge the phone which, though not pretty, does charge the phone. Before a couple of weeks ago, I could use the phone in the car & the radio would cut off for the duration of the call. Not sure why but that's stopped now & the phone is completely independent from the nav system. I take my car to the dealer for all service work & the most updated nav system is installed.

Aug 31, 2015 10:10 AM in response to FloridaGirl33704

You are sure about the updates? They usually only come out once a year and are rather expensive to download and install. I've never witnessed the honking that you described. What other troubleshooting have you attempted? When you are using the device, are you connecting it both via Bluetooth and the cable? What happens if you just attempt Bluetooth, or if you just attempt to use the cable? If you haven't tried it, try removing the phone from the list of paired devices in the car, and then remove the car from the list of devices from the phone. Turn Bluetooth off on the phone and do a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. Once the phone reboots, turn Bluetooth back on and then go to the car and attempt to pair it again. See if it works. The cable issue may be something you are not going to deal with. Again, I've not seen a new cable from them that has a lightning cable, and they have not indicated they are going to be making one. If you continue to have issues with the vehicle system, you can also try a reset on the system itself. There is a reset button located on the radio/nav system itself. Not sure where it would be on yours, but it will be in the owner's manual. Mine is in the upper corner of the radio. Press and hold that and the radio system will reset, removing all settings. I had to do that a couple of times on mine right after I got it, but then it ended up being a radio issue and they had to remove and install a new radio/nav system in my car within a month after I bought it. I kept getting strange errors on it, including a computer reboot error that would cover the screen. Once that replacement was done, I've not had any issues at all except the occasional inability for it to read the auxiliary cable with the Apple lightning adapter

Aug 31, 2015 11:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Well I can't use the cable due to that "honking" sound, just had the Bluetooth link "on". So I unpaired it both ways - car & phone, reset phone, repaired it & at least that got the link reset. I've looked through all my manuals & cannot find how to reset the system in the car. But in the next 10 days, I'll drop by the dealership & have them help me with that. I have a 10-yr bumper-to-bumper warranty & they've had to replace my nav system once due to it just stopped working - no navigation, sound, anything. But even after that, both before & after (plus changing the plug inside the center console "glove box"), nothing makes that cable work. THANK YOU so very much for you advice. I can tell you have had issues yourself & am appreciative of your help.

6 ( version IOS 8.4.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.