Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive down for anyone else?

Right now iCloud drive is not allowing any documents to be uploaded or synced for me.

• New documents added to iCloud drive on my Mac – won't upload (tries to upload, but then goes back to cloud icon)
  • New documents added to apps that use iCloud drive on my iPad – tries to update, but just hangs
  • Dragging a new document to iCloud drive through iCloud.com – "can't upload" message given

I'm running the most recent version of Yosemite, the most recent version of iOS 8; I'm on new hardware with a fast, working internet connection. I've restarted all devices multiple times. I have no other problems on any of the devices.

So it looks like an iCloud drive problem on Apple's end to me, but of course Apple's status pages say all is well.

Anyone else have issues?

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:52 AM

6 replies

Aug 31, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Allan Eckert

At https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/they claim that noting is down at the present time.

Yes, I know. I mentioned that in my original post.

But every longtime apple user knows that Apple only updates the status pages to indicate a problem if the problem is truly widespread. There have been dozens of times when 100s or 1000s of users were having problems created on Apple's end while Apple's status pages were still all "green."

I'm about 95% confident right now that the problem is with iCloud drive, not anything on my end. And so I'm guessing that there are at least a few people out there who are having similar issues, and if so, I'll try to wait for apple to fix it. If absolutely no one else is having any problems, then I suppose I can take more drastic measures on my end.

Doesn't work for me either. iCloud Drive doesn't work via icloud.com, my Mac on el capitan beta, my Windows PC or my phone

Ah, exactly! As I was writing the above this reply came through.

I'll try to wait and see if apple sorts it out. If I were a bettor, I would bet they are more likely to FIX the problem than they are to acknowledge it.

iCloud Drive down for anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.