Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently synced my iPad and lost all my iBooks. I think this may be because they were purchased on an old iCloud account but how do I get them back?

Does anyone know how to retrieve iBooks when they disappea?

I thought I would sync my iPad to my PC as I had not done it for several months but after it finished all my iBooks had gone!

I did update my email address a while ago and updated my iCloud to match. Could this be the problem and if so how do I retrieve my old books?

thanks for any advice

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:37 PM

Updating the primary email address on an account should not affect any of its purchases, they will only potentially not show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app for redownloading if the publisher/rights-holder has removed them from the store, if you've moved countries since buying them, or if you've hidden them : Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support (you've checked to see if you have a hidden section on your account with those books in it ?)

If you created a new iTunes account you will need to use the old account to potentially redownload them (which might cause a 90 day association to that account : Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 1:37 PM in response to sondek40

Updating the primary email address on an account should not affect any of its purchases, they will only potentially not show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app for redownloading if the publisher/rights-holder has removed them from the store, if you've moved countries since buying them, or if you've hidden them : Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support (you've checked to see if you have a hidden section on your account with those books in it ?)

If you created a new iTunes account you will need to use the old account to potentially redownload them (which might cause a 90 day association to that account : Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support)

I recently synced my iPad and lost all my iBooks. I think this may be because they were purchased on an old iCloud account but how do I get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.