Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My generation 4 ipad intermittantly does not recognize the sync cord while charging with the adapter. This is the secon cord I bought

My ipad has begun to stop charging while connected with the AC adapter and sync cord. I sometimes get the message "not charging" and sometimes "this device is not supported..."

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:15 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 11:48 AM in response to richardfromripplemead

Hello Richard,
I understand that you are experiencing issues with your iPad not charging when connected to the power adapter. I know that it can be frustrating but let's see if we can get this sorted out.
I would start with taking a look at the article below. It will give some general troubleshooting for all iOS devices at experience issues with charging. Start with trying a different USB power adapter cable and make sure the area where USB cable connects is free of debris.
If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203030

Take care

My generation 4 ipad intermittantly does not recognize the sync cord while charging with the adapter. This is the secon cord I bought

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.