Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flower power iMac Wd. like to "de-commission" it...

I have an older imac which I haven't used for a long time. It is a Flower Power (external look) iMac purchased when Flower Power was introduced. 1- can someone help me ID this better - or does Flower Power iMac do the trick? 2- I stopped using this computer when I was still only connected to the internet via a landline. The iMac appeared to have gotten hung up on something such that the connection just would not happen. 3- at this juncture I just want to de-commission the iMac, that is get back into it, remind myself what is there, if possible export files of value & recycle computer. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Apple Community.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.1.2, 64 GB

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 9:45 AM

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac_500_fp_bd.html

Does the computer start up? If it does you can simply start it and delete private files. If it does not we can work at getting it to start, or you may be able to remove the hard drive and work with that separately.

4 replies

Sep 2, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks Limnos. I am not sure if it starts up. It did but that was a long time ago. I will check into /, get back to you.

Thanks for letting me know of the option to replace hard drive. I opened up my original mac and got it running again, a feat I was unduly proud of for years & years.

Flower power iMac Wd. like to "de-commission" it...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.