Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone will not let me delete photos

My iPhone 4s running ios 8 won't let me delete any photos. I usually connect it to my windows 8 computer and go to the dcim folder and copy everything to the computer. Then, I highlight the albums and press delete. But, this time I keep getting the error "This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

The device works fine and it has not been disconnected. I tried taking the passcode off and tried every single usb port on my computer with no luck. I know none of the photos are synced with itunes because I have that disabled in itunes. Speaking of itunes, I can't even sync the phone because there isn't enough space which I am trying to make by deleting the original photos but it won't work.

how can I delete the unwanted photos? this is very frustrating.

edit: I also have icloud disabled.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 11:01 AM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Faisal1

Hello Faisal1,

I understand you are trying delete pictures off your iPhone to free up space so you can sync. You are trying with the Windows interface but it throws an error.

Have you tried deleting the pictures directly on the iPhone?

Organize photos and videos - iPhone

Delete a photo or video from Photos. Tap the Photos tab, tap the photo or video, tap the trash can button, then tap Delete Photo or Delete Video. Deleted photos and videos are kept in the Recently Deleted album on iPhone, with a badge showing the remaining days until the item is permanently removed from iPhone. To delete the photo or video permanently before the days expire, tap the item, tap Delete, then tap Delete Photo or Delete Video. If you use iCloud Photo Library, deleted photos and videos are permanently removed from all your devices using iCloud Photo Library with the same Apple ID.

Best regards.

My iPhone will not let me delete photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.