Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TROUBLE SYNCING WITH WINDOWS 10

I HAVE JUST UPGRADED MY PC TO WINDOWS 10 AND I NOW CANNOT SYNC MY PHONE WITH ITUNES OR TRANSFER PHOTOS CAN ANYONE HELP AND IS THIS A COMMON ISSUE? THANKS

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 11:16 AM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 4:48 AM in response to wfranie

While Brian's comments are correct please keep in mind that your phone has settings regarding what it backs up to iCloud. I only backup my Contacts and Safari Favorites. You would have to set the iCloud Settings to backup the data you want. I have also been told by AppleCare that when one does an upgrade Over The Air, the files transmitted are only the essential changes for the update whereas with iTunes a more comprehensive package is sent since size is not an issue. I have never encounter an issue with an OTA update but I still prefer iTunes and have been advised by AppleCare that it is the preferred method.

I also should mention that there are lots of posts here regarding issues with W10, from not being able to install iTunes to syncing, etc. With W10 being new and Apple and Windows being competitors it make take a while to sort all the drivers on both sides. Good luck.

Nov 21, 2015 7:57 PM in response to wfranie

With Windows 10, my iPhone would sync with iTunes but not allow me to import photos or see it as a disk device to import photos. Here's what worked for me. Connect your phone and attempt to sync with iTunes. Let that run. Then in Device Manager, click under Portable Devices, and you'll probably see "USB MTP Device." Uninstall that device. Then scan for hardware changes and you should see "Apple iPhone" appear where the MTP device was. Go to My Computer and you'll see your phone as it used to appear.

It should look like this when you're done:

User uploaded file

TROUBLE SYNCING WITH WINDOWS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.