Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBook G4 display is pixelated

I have a PowerBook G4 10.4.11 that I've been using for over 10 years. I was working on it last night and it was fine, but this morning when I went to use it, the display was pixelated. Not sure what happened. It still works but unfortunately I can not do my photo editing with the display looking like that. Has the screen just gone bad since it's an old machine? Is it worth repairing? Or does this just mean I need a new Mac?

User uploaded file

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:30 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 11:54 AM in response to J.Wish1982

To prove what its NOT... take a screenshot of the entire display CMD + 3 - if we see normal display, it is not the video card - leaving connection TO the display and the display itself.

A workaround for what would likely be a costly replacement (if the part is available) is an external display - I have a G3 Pismo with a funky display and hook it up to an inexpensive HD TV - I do not do color correction, but I do everything short of that on it.

ÇÇÇ

PowerBook G4 display is pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.