Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Generation won't connect to ethernet or recognize any wifi networks

I have a 3rd generation v1 apple tv and it has been working great but out of no where it won't doesn't recognize the connected Ethernet cable and no wifi networks show up. I have been using it with the Ethernet cable successfully until now. I've tested the Ethernet cable on my MacBook and it works fine. My wifi works on my MacBook too. I've restarted my router/modem several times and even restored/update via iTunes and it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 12:50 PM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 4:55 PM in response to edkwon23

edkwon23 wrote:

I have a 3rd generation v1 apple tv and it has been working great but out of no where it won't doesn't recognize the connected Ethernet cable and no wifi networks show up. I have been using it with the Ethernet cable successfully until now. I've tested the Ethernet cable on my MacBook and it works fine. My wifi works on my MacBook too. I've restarted my router/modem several times and even restored/update via iTunes and it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

It’s defective. Electronic stuff breaks. It happens. If it’s still under warranty get it replaced. If not under warranty then buy a new one.

3rd Generation won't connect to ethernet or recognize any wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.