Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have a template sent via email. How can I place that template on Page blank, then type in each area(name tags)

When I try to place cursor on form can't type names. I must not have copied form right tho it shows on Page or must nothave pasted correctly

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 4:46 PM in response to kazoojoe

Hi 'joe,

What format was the document you received? How did you "place it on a Page(s) blank'?

If you copied it from the email and pasted it into the page, you probably now have a Pages document containing an image of the document.

To now place text onto the page, you will need to place a Text Box at each location where you want text to be entered.

If the document is a Pages template (and was made with a version of Pages compatible with the one you are using), you should be able open it directly in Pages, and if the template is set up to accept text, you should then be able to enter text by typing or by pasting.

If the document is a Word template, you should be able to open it into Pages (File > Open), but you will likely get some warnings. The ones to be concerned about are those referring to text frames or text boxes, which may not be compatible with Pages. If that happens, you will likely need to edit the page to make it work.

When you have a working template, be sure (if you will want to use in again in future) that you save it as a template.

Regards,

Barry

have a template sent via email. How can I place that template on Page blank, then type in each area(name tags)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.