Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Membership still has me paying for songs

I just bought an Apple Music Membership. It has a 3 month free trial, and then charges $9.99 afterwards. I already downloaded one album by using the membership. However after, everytime I search artists/songs, it charges me to purchase it.

Also, how do I go about downloading just a song and not the whole album.

I just downloaded the iTunes 12.2.2, and it is still giving me problems.

Need clarification! Thanks!

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 3:04 PM

There's a difference between the iTunes Store, and Apple Music. If you are looking for music in the iTunes Store Tab, then you get the option to purchase it outright. Rather than through the Apple Music service.

You can choose one of the other tabs in iTunes, like For You, or New to search for Music in Apple Music.

Once you find the song or album you wish to add, click on the [...] button next to its title, and click on Add to My Music.

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library - Apple Support

In iTunes, find the song, album, or playlist that you want to add in the New or For You tabs, or search within Apple Music. You can search Apple Music from any tab except the iTunes Store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 3:04 PM in response to jayhamms

There's a difference between the iTunes Store, and Apple Music. If you are looking for music in the iTunes Store Tab, then you get the option to purchase it outright. Rather than through the Apple Music service.

You can choose one of the other tabs in iTunes, like For You, or New to search for Music in Apple Music.

Once you find the song or album you wish to add, click on the [...] button next to its title, and click on Add to My Music.

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library - Apple Support

In iTunes, find the song, album, or playlist that you want to add in the New or For You tabs, or search within Apple Music. You can search Apple Music from any tab except the iTunes Store.

Apple Music Membership still has me paying for songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.