Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't pay for my own songs on iTunes with Apple Music

We have a family subscription to Apple Music but it is very frustrating that only the organizer pays for everything. We have teenagers that we want to continue to be responsible for paying for their own music. Can you please add an option for who pays for downloaded content? Or just keep it the way it used to be, where the Apple ID making the purchase is the one that is charged? Help Apple!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:50 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 5:26 PM in response to eleutheria28

With the current setup for Family Sharing, only the organizer can pay. I do know that if the account has store credit on file, the store credit on the account will be used to pay for the item before it is billed to the organizer. The organizer will only be billed if the store credit doesn't cover the cost of the purchase.

Your teenaged children can purchase their own iTunes Gift Cards and redeem them to their account for making purchases, or you can use allowances to give them store credit for making purchases. This article better explains how to set up iTunes Allowances here - https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201676

Can't pay for my own songs on iTunes with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.