Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I leave family sharing

I signed up for family sharing but am not the lead member. Now I would like to leave family sharing but I get an error message saying "This action cannot be completed at this time"

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:04 PM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 2:43 PM in response to JSDRC

Hello JSDRC,

I understand that you're receiving an error message when attempting to turn off Family Sharing, and are not being removed from the family group that you're a member of. Alternatively, you may consider having the family organizer remove you from the group as outlined below.

The family organizer can remove anyone over 13 from the family group at any time.

In iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Family, tap the name of the family member you want to remove, then tap Remove.

User uploaded file

In OS X Yosemite, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family, click the name of the family member you want to remove, then click the Remove (-) button in the bottom-left corner.

User uploaded file

Children under 13 can't be removed from a family. If you need to, you can transfer the child to another family or delete their Apple ID.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Sincerely

why can't I leave family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.