Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 suddenly displayed a blue screen then shut down. I have tried everything I know to turn it on but it will not turn on. Any idea what may have happened to it?

I have an iPhone 5 16GB and it suddenly displayed a blue screen then turned off and will not turn back on. Any ideas what may be wrong with it or how to fix it?

iPhone 5, 16 GB

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:03 PM

Connect it to the wall adapter for 15 minutes. Then hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears or something else happens. You must hold for a minimum of 10 seconds for the Apple logo, and up to 30 seconds if it doesn't appear. If nothing at all appears on the screen you most likely have a hardware failure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 2:03 PM in response to rescuenav

Connect it to the wall adapter for 15 minutes. Then hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears or something else happens. You must hold for a minimum of 10 seconds for the Apple logo, and up to 30 seconds if it doesn't appear. If nothing at all appears on the screen you most likely have a hardware failure.

My iPhone 5 suddenly displayed a blue screen then shut down. I have tried everything I know to turn it on but it will not turn on. Any idea what may have happened to it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.