Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Up Next feature in iTunes on my new 32 GB iPod Touch does not work.

I just bought the latest 32 GB iPod Touch and discovered that its iTunes has the Up Next feature, which I love using on my iMac iTunes. I pick a song to play, pause it, pull it up so the Album Art is visible, then click the dots/lines on the right side above the volume slider. That brings up the Up Next feature and I click Clear, to clear the songs out, then I click Add, which takes me to a screen where I select Playlists. I pick the playlist I want to pick from and touch the + symbol for each song to add it. When I go back to see them all, they aren't there. Or, they are, but they never play and the list is clear when I check it again.

I've discovered another way to fill my Up Next list: Just go to the Playlist I want, click a song to start playing, then click the 3 dots on the right of the song I want to Play Next, then click the 3 dots to the right of each song I want to Add to the Up Next. This way seems to work (so far).

Why have other ways to Add songs to the Up Next if they appear to work but don't work? That is very frustrating.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1, Model MKHV2LL/A

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:30 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 10:11 PM in response to Suncat27

OK, so clicking on the + symbol in my Playlist was working, and now it's not. I was able to listen to the song I first selected, then nothing played from my Up Next list, and when I checked, of course, it was empty. I need help with this! Maybe I'll take it in to the Genius Bar and have them show me how to make it work.

The Up Next feature in iTunes on my new 32 GB iPod Touch does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.