Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you reset macbook ro

i bought a mac off of ebay and want to know how i cant set back to new ( like the iphone) i dont have a disc!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:49 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Koltmama

Clickhereand follow the instructions. If the computer originally shipped with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or earlier, when you reach step 5, insert its original disk(or a retail Mac OS X 10.6 DVD for some Intel Macs), restart with the C or Option key held down, use the Disk Utility to erase the internal drive, and install a fresh OS.

If you find you need a disk you don't have, phone Apple and order a replacement, or buy a Snow Leopard DVD from the online Apple Store.

(132666)

Aug 31, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Koltmama

See what I wrote above. If the computer shipped with 10.6.2 or earlier and you don't need iLife or the Apple Hardware Test, you don't need the original disks and can instead use a retail Snow Leopard one. Once the computer's running 10.6.8, you can then either switch to Firefox, or upgrade to 10.7.5, 10.8.5, or 10.10.5 depending on which Mac model it is and what you choose to do.

(132668)

how do you reset macbook ro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.