Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update iPad - 'Network Error'

So, my iPad is locked due to my own stupidity, yes,

It doesn't seem like it's much of a hassle to restore, and thereby unlock however... I cannot for the life of me figure out how to figure out this connection error that occurs every time I try to 'update and restore' through iTunes, to the iPad, after connecting the computer with the iPad.

It's completely random. I've tried downloading it around 150 times now, each with varying degrees of the success. Sometimes the download stopped at 600 kb, other times it went up to 1 GB before finally calling it quits and giving me a network error.

I've disabled my anti-virus and firewall and made exceptions for both just in case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:02 PM

1 reply

Cannot update iPad - 'Network Error'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.