Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I still covered for "Repair extension" programs if my initial Apple Care Repairs/Service program is expired?

My 15-inch Macbook Pro (Early 2011) has been having freezes lately and I found this link in another thread,

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

My macbook falls under the effected models and has been experiencing similar issues.

My four year repair service expired earlier this year, I know it says "The program covers affected MacBook Pro models until February 27, 2016 or three years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you."

Does that mean even if my repair service is expired, I can still schedule a free-of-charge genius bar appointment/possible repair?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:46 PM

If the MBP tests that it has a faulty GPU it will be covered under the program regardless of your warranty or Apple care.

Ciao.

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 1:50 PM in response to eko9292

It will be covered if the issues displayed are due to the GPU the replacement program is for.

Since we don't know what your MBP is suffering from, its hard to say one way or another whether it will be covered.

If you think it falls into that category of MBPs take it in to an Apple store for a diagnostic.

They will tell you whether its covered or not, and if its not, you can then decide whether to pay for repairs or not.

Am I still covered for "Repair extension" programs if my initial Apple Care Repairs/Service program is expired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.