Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button does not work

My iPhone 5S has not had any water damage, yet my home button stopped working. I am not covered by the one year warranty anymore- I am 4 months over it. Does anyone know what is causing the home button to not work? Also, how much would it cost to get a replacement at the apple store?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:43 PM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 2:48 PM in response to amariac

Sorry to hear. It will cost $269 to get a new or refurbished 5s at an Apple Store but I would take it in and let them evaluate it first. Four months is a bit late but I have heard of cases where they have made accommodations for a little time after the warranty expired, assuming the damage was not caused by drops or the like. Good luck....

elcpu

Aug 31, 2015 3:03 PM in response to amariac

It is a lot, I hear you. Does the Home button work at all? Long shot but you could try this, the worse that will happen is you waste 2 minutes.

Try a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Home button does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.