Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BEEP BEEP BEEP . BEEP BEEP BEEP . BEEP BEEP BEEP

So my original 500GB HD that was factory installed in my mid-2010 MBP started to give some problems. I upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB and it seemed to do well for about 8mos to a year. Then I couldn't get my Mac to boot up. Then I reseated the RAM sticks and swapped them around and all. So for a while I was able to get my Mac to act normally for a little while. Then it started again. But this time I could get it to boot up but then after I log in I would get the 3 sets of consecutive beeps like in the title and then it would shut down. Now I can't get my Mac to stay on for more than a few minutes. I really need my Mac as I use it for work and everything else. I had my Mac tested at the Apple Store Genius Bar and they told me that my RAM bays aren't having any issues and they said that all of their tests show that my Mac is still running in tip-top shape. So I'm at a loss here. I know the 3 beeps normally indicate a RAM issue and I didn't read anything else online that would suggest otherwise. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

STBeverly

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 2:59 PM

6 replies

Sep 2, 2015 3:02 PM in response to STBeverly

Turns out that I may have a bad stick of RAM. So I had to downgrade back to my original 4GB (2x 2GB sticks) which *****. But Ol'Faithful has been up and running perfectly; no black-outs, no random shutdowns, NO BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP! I guess I can't complain about the 4GB of RAM but I do notice a difference from my 8GB of RAM. Anywho! Thanks for all of the help. I really appreciate each and every one of you who offered help.

Sep 3, 2015 11:42 AM in response to STBeverly

OK Good People. I'm baaaaaack. Turns out after a very good, productive day of using Ol'Faithful for a full day and a half that I got the black out. After hard rebooting I got the beeps again.... 😟.... So I decided that since I swapped my RAM back to the original 4GB from 8GB I would put my original 500GB HD back in and see how it performs. It's up and running now but we'll see how long that lasts.

BEEP BEEP BEEP . BEEP BEEP BEEP . BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.