Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHAT REMINDER LIST IS THE DEFAULT FOR SIRI?

I use multiple reminder lists. It seems Siri doesn't have a specific list in the reminder goes to multiple locations. Can you set Siri to use a specific reminder list?

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 10:21 AM

Hello there, Dominator2.

That's a great question. To have Siri use a specific reminder list for reminders, you need to first set the default list for new reminders. The following link from the online iPhone User Guide provides just how to accomplish that:

Reminders settings - iPhone

Reminders settings

Go to Settings > Reminders, where you can:

• Set a default list for new reminders

• Sync past reminders

Keep your reminders up to date on other devices. Go to Settings > iCloud, then turn on Reminders. To keep up to date with Reminders on OS X, turn on iCloud on your Mac, too. Some other types of accounts, such as Exchange, also support Reminders. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then turn on Reminders for the accounts you want to use.

Once you've set the default list, asking Siri to set a reminder will place it in your default location.

Scheduled reminders - iPhone

Scheduled reminders

Scheduled reminders notify you when they’re due.

User uploaded file

• Schedule a reminder. While editing a reminder, tap User uploaded file, then turn on “Remind me on a day.” Tap Alarm to set the date and time. Tap Repeat to schedule the reminder for regularly occurring intervals.

• Use Siri. Say, for example, “Remind me to take my medicine at 6 a.m. tomorrow.”

• See all scheduled reminders. Tap User uploaded file to show the Scheduled list.

• Don’t bother me now. You can turn off Reminders notifications in Settings > Notifications. To silence notifications temporarily, turn on Do Not Disturb.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:21 AM in response to dominator2

Hello there, Dominator2.

That's a great question. To have Siri use a specific reminder list for reminders, you need to first set the default list for new reminders. The following link from the online iPhone User Guide provides just how to accomplish that:

Reminders settings - iPhone

Reminders settings

Go to Settings > Reminders, where you can:

• Set a default list for new reminders

• Sync past reminders

Keep your reminders up to date on other devices. Go to Settings > iCloud, then turn on Reminders. To keep up to date with Reminders on OS X, turn on iCloud on your Mac, too. Some other types of accounts, such as Exchange, also support Reminders. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then turn on Reminders for the accounts you want to use.

Once you've set the default list, asking Siri to set a reminder will place it in your default location.

Scheduled reminders - iPhone

Scheduled reminders

Scheduled reminders notify you when they’re due.

User uploaded file

• Schedule a reminder. While editing a reminder, tap User uploaded file, then turn on “Remind me on a day.” Tap Alarm to set the date and time. Tap Repeat to schedule the reminder for regularly occurring intervals.

• Use Siri. Say, for example, “Remind me to take my medicine at 6 a.m. tomorrow.”

• See all scheduled reminders. Tap User uploaded file to show the Scheduled list.

• Don’t bother me now. You can turn off Reminders notifications in Settings > Notifications. To silence notifications temporarily, turn on Do Not Disturb.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

WHAT REMINDER LIST IS THE DEFAULT FOR SIRI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.