Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I print an entire text conversation from Ipad for court?

I have to present a case which is strongly built around a series of text conversations from one phone number over two months. I need to have it printed in entirety with date/time.

Is this possible and if so, what do I need to do to make this happen?

Thank you very much.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 5:21 PM

9 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:17 PM in response to NotinKansas

If you are using this for court go with Demo's recommendation. If you are using a Mac I prefer PhoneView but I have also used TouchCopy and either one will nicely do what you want and the software is handy to keep on hand for a number of reasons. You can keep the text messages in HTML or PDF and format them nicely for courtroom use. I would not use the screenshot method in court.

Aug 31, 2015 8:57 PM in response to NotinKansas

NotinKansas wrote:

I have to present a case which is strongly built around a series of text conversations from one phone number over two months. I need to have it printed in entirety with date/time.

Is this possible and if so, what do I need to do to make this happen?

Thank you very much.

In addition to all the excellent advice already given, I would suggest you consult your attorney before doing anything. Courts can be remarkably persnickety about evidence and how it's collected.

I also really like PhoneView.

Aug 31, 2015 9:13 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

If you read the first sentence from the OP I have a feeling they are an attorney give the, "I have to present phrase". I have used Phoneview to export and print 1 years worth of texts before which was accepted by the court and I've had a couple done in TouchCopy (I asked) while serving on the Grand Jury. For short text snippets screen shot is fine so long as it displays all of the time codes of each post. When presenting any form of text messages acquired from a device an affidavit from the person doing the transfer is a good thing and having the device available is even better. If the texts were obtained from a cell provider (MetroPCS retains them) an affidavit from the person at the cell provider who gave the data is desirable.

How can I print an entire text conversation from Ipad for court?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.