Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about the iBook I purchased

Alright guys I'm a new poster here, so bare with me. I recently purchased an IBook from somebody off of facebook. I thought it might be a fun project to work on. Anyway I am wanting to try and figure out a few things. The first is which model it is. It's circa 2001, and since I can't power it at the moment I can't find out for sure, I know it's a G3, but I can't tell the specific model. It's not the clamshell either. Pretty much I want to replace they keyboard, and charger(on it's way), but I also want to totally redo it. I want to get a new hard drive, new ram, video card even if at all possible. Pretty much I want to make it be able to run the most current OSX if at all possible I want to also replace the Airport Card. So what I want to know is....

• How to tell which exact model it is
  • The biggest hard drive I can get
  • Maximum RAM
  • Newest OSX I can put on it.
  • Best Airport card.
  • How much money I could be looking at spending.

Thank you everyone. I hope you all can help!

iBook

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:53 PM

Append the last three characters of its serial number to http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords= and load the page. The resulting page will answer the first five questions, and provide a link to estimates to the sixth.

(132674)

2 replies

Question about the iBook I purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.