Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Mail 10.10.4 Delivering my emails to my sub menu "Archive" and "Important" folders?

For the past six or more months, my mac mini and Mac OS X Mail account is importing my Google mail and delivering it to my Google "archive" and "important" folders. This is very frustrating because I now have to go and open up the submenus in my google accounts and check both the "important" and "Archive" folders.Trust me, I did not set it to do that.

Someone suggested to hold the SHIFT key when logging into the Mail application, but this did not do anything.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Mac OS X Mail and Google Mail

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:23 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 4:55 PM in response to CJ Plourde

here is a screen shot of my issue with Mail being delivered to the wrong folders. I forgot to include in my post. As you can see, there are three mail accounts, 2 Google and the first, an iCloud Account. Instead of putting my emails in the respective folders ABOVE these subfolders, Mail places them in the Gmail account Archive folders, and in the folder marked IMPORTANT. I have hidden the names of my gmail and iCloud accounts just for privacy.

User uploaded file

Why is Mail 10.10.4 Delivering my emails to my sub menu "Archive" and "Important" folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.