Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have find my mac turned out but iCloud says no devices. Any ideas?

I have "find my mac turned on" in my laptop and iPhone but iCloud says no devices. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 11:26 AM in response to pattiscientist

Hello pattiscientist,

I understand that when visiting iCloud.com to use the Find My iPhone you're seeing that you have no devices, despite the fact that you've set your Mac and your iPhone up for Find My iPhone/Find My Mac. Fortunately there are a number of steps that can be taken to get Find My iPhone to work as expected with your devices.

• iCloud isn't set up on your device. Choose Settings > iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID.
  • Find My iPhone is turned off on your device. Choose Settings > Find My iPhone > turn on Find My iPhone and then tap Allow.
  • You’re signed in to iCloud with a different Apple ID on your iOS device. Sign in to Find My iPhone with your other accounts until you see your device.
  • Your device isn't connected to a network. If you have access to your device, and it appears to have an active Internet connection, turn on and then turn off Airplane mode. If you continue to have issues, turn the device off and back on. Find My Mac can only find your Mac if it's connected to the Internet from a known Wi-Fi network. If your Mac is connected to the Internet by an Ethernet cable, Find My Mac can't find your computer.
  • The date on your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) isn't correct. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.

Get help using Find My iPhone - Apple Support

Regards

I have find my mac turned out but iCloud says no devices. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.