Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Date in View

Does anyone else think that the date an album was released is important information? I certainly do. The date provides much context to the greater surroundings into which the album was released and also lets the listener know its relation to the artist's other releases.

I know how to sort albums based on the release date and am very appreciative that this is an option. What bothers me is that the user cannot see the album date in the artist view. There's plenty of room for this below the album artwork. This would be a simple fix. Does anyone know how to raise this with Apple?

iTunes

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 4:21 PM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 6:03 PM in response to rtjcjr

If you select My Music in the top center of the iTunes window. Then choose Artists from the drop down on the top right. There's also an option in that drop down to sort Albums By Year, Ascending or Descending. So you see the Artists in the sidebar on the left and their albums listed by year in the main window. That's assuming your metadata includes the release year.

Sep 1, 2015 6:32 PM in response to rtjcjr

rtjcjr wrote:

Does anyone else think that the date an album was released is important information? I certainly do.

I do not. The original release date of the song is musicologically important, as it ties the song to the era to which it belongs. If the song later appears on a remaster or compilation, the year of the later album is worse than irrelevant, it is misleading. Like having Dancing Queen dated in 2000. 😉

Album Date in View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.