Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop 'Could not complete iTunes Store request message" from popping up?

Hi,

I keep getting a "We could not complete your iTunesStore request." message, that then goes on to say the network connection could not be established, and that there was an error in the iTunes Store.

But I don't know what the request is, and would love to be able to figure it out so I could cancel it and stop that message coming up all the time.

Does anyone know a way to figure that out? Or to stop the message in any other way?

The message shows on my iMac only (using Yosemite), but I also have an iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:48 PM

Howdy AdventuresAllAround,

It sounds as though your iMac is unable to successfully connect to the iTunes Store in some fashion, which is causing the generation of these error messages. Fortunately, the article linked below details a number of steps that can help restore communication between the iTunes Store and your Mac, thus preventing the messages you've detailed from appearing.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

All my best

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 3:48 PM in response to AdventuresAllAround

Howdy AdventuresAllAround,

It sounds as though your iMac is unable to successfully connect to the iTunes Store in some fashion, which is causing the generation of these error messages. Fortunately, the article linked below details a number of steps that can help restore communication between the iTunes Store and your Mac, thus preventing the messages you've detailed from appearing.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

All my best

Oct 19, 2016 11:51 AM in response to CarlAVII

That article would be very helpful if I was struggling to connect to the internet, but I have a computer that I use for controlling a private network of audio processors in a theatre. This computer will absolutely never connect to the internet. Ever. Intentionally. I would like to use this computer for audio playback via itunes, but these warnings are forcing me to consider 3rd party media players. Is there a way to simply turn them off?

How to stop 'Could not complete iTunes Store request message" from popping up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.