Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a second phone number associated with my iTunes account?

My ex wife and I bought two iPhone 5s's and shared one iTunes account. Since we split up, I traded my AT&T service in for a new iPhone 5 with a different carrier. Somehow in the setting up of the new phone, iMessaging tuned itself on with the unfortunate result of my ex getting all my texts. Not so good. Anyway, with iMessaging enabled, I show two phone numbers: my new one and my ex's. How can I remove my ex wife's phone number?

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 5:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Oldhouse10

Hello there, Oldhouse10.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your ex-wife. It sounds likely that she's received your messages because of the shared Apple ID. The Apple ID FAQ reviews some great information and touches base on shared Apple ID:
Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

Can I share my Apple ID with someone else?

You shouldn't share your Apple ID with anyone else. It provides access to personal information including contacts, photos, device backups, and more. Sharing your Apple ID with someone else means you're giving them access to all your personal content, and it may lead to confusion about who actually owns the account.

To share photos, a calendar, iTunes purchases and more with someone else, try these sharing features.

Alternatively, you can select what phone number and or Apple ID is used for Messages by going to "Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You can be reached by iMessage at:"

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

How do I remove a second phone number associated with my iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.