Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see my photo files in Finder?

My photos are not appearing in "All My Files" on Finder. Why???

I can go to Finder>Pictures>Photos Library, but at that point I am redirected to the Photos app. I need to see them as files in list view, instead of thumbnails. Photos are files too, so why don't they appear in "All My Files"? Help!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:56 PM

You cannot see them in Finder if you downloaded the photos directly to the Photos app. If you download them to a drive attached to the computer and then import them into Photos you can see them in Finder not the attached drive. DO NOT tamper with the Photos library, it is not intended to be tampered with and you may damage the library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2015 8:56 PM in response to kfrisbie

You cannot see them in Finder if you downloaded the photos directly to the Photos app. If you download them to a drive attached to the computer and then import them into Photos you can see them in Finder not the attached drive. DO NOT tamper with the Photos library, it is not intended to be tampered with and you may damage the library.

Aug 31, 2015 10:27 PM in response to kfrisbie

If you use Apps like Photos or iPhoto then they replace the Finder for anything to do with your photos. So, no you don't "need to see them as files" any ore than you need to see the database files for the AddressBook app or any other database.

This is written for iPhoto, but it covers Photos app too:

For help accessing your photos in iPhoto see this user tip:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4491

Why can't I see my photo files in Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.