Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

_AsyncCopying folder

i think i understand what that folder does, keeps the data safe in case of anything going wrong when moving events around from one library to another....but it is now 400gb and i need to move events to the external library to free up space but that adds size to the AsyncCopying folder.....why does fcpx not just get rid of these files once the transfer is complete and the files are in the new location? or maybe hold on to them for a little while? going in and deleting files does not seem to be a good idea since all this is part of the larger database.....any ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:41 PM

DDid you quit the application? It should unload those files.

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:01 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I Have, also did restarts.....i never remembered having that issue? I guess maybe they will disappear and if the folder gets too big I will have to delete them manually.....if it is supposed to work the way you are saying, there should not be any damage in deleting them manually?

i am running the latest Mac OS beta (I believe 8 as of today) so maybe that has something to do with it.....

_AsyncCopying folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.