Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Windows 8.1, Missing Boot Camp Drivers, OS X Partition not visible, Boot Camp not installed on Windows 8.1 Partition.

I am using a MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Late 20142013).

I had installed Windows 7 via Boot Camp with no problems, but I did not activate Windows 7.

Today I purchased a Windows 8.1 product key and created an install disk using a USB drive. I ran the disk on the Windows 7 Partition and successfully installed Windows 8.1.

However, the microphone and built-in speakers do not function, nor will Windows recognize my graphics card.

To make matters worse, Boot Camp seems to have been uninstalled along with the rest of my programs during the upgrade.

The OS X partition (I am uncertain which version of Yosemite I have) also does not display under the root folder.

I tried to install drivers and support software versions 5.1.5621 and 5.1.5769. However, when I run the "setup.exe" on a USB drive formatted FAT, I get the message, "This version of Boot Camp is not intended for this computer model."

I was a fool and forgot to create a recovery point in Windows before installation, and I can not revert to a pre-Windows 8.1 state.

What are your thoughts on my situation?

How can I properly install my drivers, and which versions should I download?

Is my OS X installation lost/deleted?

How can I reinstall Boot Camp?

EDIT: 2013, not 2014

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:22 PM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2015 7:34 PM in response to HalcyonFish

1. Post the output of the following OS X Terminal commands.

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

2. Did W7 work properly with GPU and sound?

3. For Windows the drivers you need are available at

System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support

If you don't see some features of your Mac in Windows - Apple Support

W7 - Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support

W8 - Use Windows 8.1 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

4. When in doubt about the BC drivers you need, use BC Assistant to download them.

Upgraded to Windows 8.1, Missing Boot Camp Drivers, OS X Partition not visible, Boot Camp not installed on Windows 8.1 Partition.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.