Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug-in Manager will not validate all plugins after new logic update

I installed the new release of Logic Pro. During the install process, it automatically validates all of the plug ins. Many plug ins were not able to be validated, including the Alchemy plugin which Apple boasts about as part of the new release. I tried to "reset and Rescan" but all I get is a bland screen and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 6:46 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:34 PM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks for the replies. I took another look and yes, most of the plug-ins are greyed out but they do have a checkmark (Use), although they do not say validated. There is a mix of Apple, Logic, and Third party plug-ins. Based on the replies here, I decided to try and use several of the plug-ins. They do seem to be working fine. So Eriksimon's comment does make sense (although some of the Apple plug-ins are highlighted and validated, and others are not). At the least, it is confusing. Thank you both for the confirmation.

The blank screen I was referring to pops up when you request a reset and re-validation. It appears to open either a finder screen or browser window. You would expect to see the results of a validation but it remains blank with nothing appearing at all. Again, just a point of confusion for me.

Sep 4, 2015 6:00 PM in response to revola

although some of the Apple plug-ins are highlighted and validated, and others are not

Which "Apple' plugins appear 'Not Validated.......'?

Again, a screenshot of your Plugin Manager window.... would probably help us resolve your confusion...

Here is an example of what a section of the Plugin Manager should look like.....

User uploaded file

Additional to Erik... Notice how they have now removed the N/A reference in the Plugin Manager after 10.2..... The field is just left blank now.....and as the OP mentioned.. is "grey'd out"

Plug-in Manager will not validate all plugins after new logic update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.