Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Icon shows, iTunes can't connect

Airplay Icon shows, and airport express has a green light, but when attempting to play, iTunes can't connect. After a couple of attempts, the Airplay Icon disappears. I had it working one time with iTunes 12. but then I loaded iTunes 10.7. I have iTunes 10.7 working on other networks without issues.

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 7:29 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 6:25 AM in response to appalachian

Hey appalachian,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you have an old version of iTunes and Airplay is not working. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in iTunes

When an AirPlay-enabled device is available, you'll see User uploaded file to the right of the volume slider in iTunes.

If you don't, try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and Apple TV software.
  2. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. If you're using Ethernet, connect both devices to the same router or hub. If you're using Wi-Fi and Ethernet, connect your AirPlay device to the same router that your computer is using for Wi-Fi.
  3. Restart your computer, AirPlay device, and network router.
  4. On your AirPlay device, make sure that AirPlay is turned on. Some devices have an option to turn AirPlay off. Look for an AirPlay option in Settings, or check the user guide for more information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

Airplay Icon shows, iTunes can't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.