Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Apple ID's

I have been helping my Dad who has been an apple user for a very long time, during this time he has created two Apple ID's which we at first resolved by him no longer using one of them. So here is what I have and hoping there might be an easy solution and not resetting the devices.

So here is what I have two apple ID's one is on the iMac "@charter", the other is being used on iPhone and iPad "@mac" the one on the iMac is the one we no longer want to use, but it contains all the software updates for this machine. OSx Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and other applications, i.e.iPhoto, iMovie and 3rd Party apps.

My question is it possible without doing a erase and reinstall of Mountain Lion to get the @mac to have the updates for OSx and all applications.

Currently what we are doing is the @mac address contains all iCloud information, but the @charter account is periodically logged into on the iMac to check for updates from the App Store.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Mike

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:13 PM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:17 PM in response to Kahunadude

You can sign the @charter ID into iCloud and keep the @mac ID signed into the App Store. Just sign in the @charter ID into iCloud under System Preferences. Keep the @mac ID signed into the App Store - with the App Store open, click on Store in the top menu, then make sure the @mac ID is signed into the Store. If it isn't, sign it in there.

Cheers,

GB

Two Apple ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.