Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long virus warning with no buttons?

I had clicked on a website that had been used on my phone before (this time on my computer) and it suddenly opened a tab that read something similar to, "MAJOR VIRUS WARNING". It literally scared the life out of me and a really long pop-up came up that had a number on it and said (TOLL-FREE) after it. However, the long "virus warning" looked real and it had no buttons to say "ok" or to cancel. It even took me about ten minutes of trial and error (the computer often telling me that it was unable to shut down because of the webpage) and I am just really scared. I have heard a LOT about pop-up scams and I am wondering if this is one of them.

Thank you~

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 8:39 PM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 8:56 PM in response to Fukire

It is a scam to make you pay them for nothing when you call the number. If reopen windows was checked when you shutdown, you'll get the same message again when you restart as the browser restarts and loads the same page, but it can't harm your system. You should clear you browser cache and restart the Mac. Are using Safari?

Long virus warning with no buttons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.