Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I use my ipad air as a hotspot on my windows 10 pc?

I need internet connection it seems all the time at school. The wifi is absolutely horrible!! I have an iPad Air and a Windows 10 Laptop. I want to use my iPad Air's (its the Cellular version) hotspot capabilities to connect to the internet on my laptop, but for some reason when I go onto my laptop I do not see my iPad's name on the wifi list of names. When I had a MacBook Pro I was able to do this easily, but for some reason I'm having troubles connecting through the hotspot on my brand new Windows 10 Laptop. I tried Bluetooth, nothing happened. Does the Internet Personal Hotspot only work on other Apple products? Please help, this would totally help me through some long unconnected days.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1, Also using HP Windows 10 Laptop

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 10:16 PM

7 replies

Sep 1, 2015 7:13 AM in response to Tazbasha

Where do you see that alert? For whatever it is worth (will not help you I realize) I keep reading about issues/conflicts between Apple products and W10, from yours as a hotspot, to iTunes not installing, or ounce installed not syncing, etc. This will resolve in time once the two companies get their drivers in sync. Good luck.

Sep 1, 2015 7:50 AM in response to elcpu

you know what guys, I figured it out. My laptop was brand new and I hadn't directly connected (through USB) my iPad Air to my laptop yet. When I first got my Mac I didn't have to connect my iPad directly to it in order to use the Personal Hotspot. But, dumb me, I forgot about actually having to install my iPad on my Windows PC! Oops! I had already installed iTunes on it before this happened and everything was syncin, so I just assumed it was connected. So, yea. I was too much in a hurry to post this question. I should of just done it step by step like I did last night to figure it out. But thanks anyways for the quick responses.

how do I use my ipad air as a hotspot on my windows 10 pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.